Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Last Visit

Randy and I with the children traveled to Nebraska this week to visit our families and friends for a last visit before we take off to Uganda.

We were very happy to see them all, but it was also bittersweet. Knowing that this would be the last time we see them for a few years. We visited my 91 yr old grandma, who is looking and doing fabulous! I had to deal with a range of emotions leaving her house. We had to say goodbye to my daughter and grandson, as she is building her life here.

We know we are doing what God wants us to with our lives, but that doesnt make it easier to say gbye to those we love! Leaving my mom and sisters was also hard. We will miss everyone very much.

In the midst of wanting to start crying and hold myself a nice pityfest, God reminded me that following Him is not always easy, I am sure it wasnt easy for the disciples to leave their families either, but that a life of obedience is what He wants from us as His followers. I canceled the pityfest and went to praising Him!

On a high note, we were able to have a visit this morning with a beautiful couple! This couple had a huge role in who i am today and who i will become! We had lunch together today, what a wonderful morning! My whole family was very blessed. Praise God for wonderful friends!

Blessing to you all!
Angie
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment