Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Mile a Minute!!!

I have put off posting because I have been trying to get my thoughts together. I did not want to sound rambling. I have now decided that my mind is going 100 different directions at once, and that the ability to organize my thoughts may not come for months!

Via the God channel, (accidental/on purpose meeting people that He wants you to know, that is only explainable only through God's intervention), we have met a missionary that is actually renting in Mityana! She is making a series of books that are culturally relevant, creation to Christ, her ministry is called Imagine Acts Ministry. But she also helps at the local school/orphanage in the Mityana District. Through a series of emails back and forth we found out that there are no accommodations for children 0-5 in the Mityana district, and that they desperately need help in that area. The school/orphanage there is actually taking care of a 20month old that was dying due to malnourishment. Imagine that! God has pointed us to the right district in Uganda, one we have never visited, never before heard of until we knew we were going into ministry! God is so incredibly AMAZING! If we can prevent 1 child from dying due to neglect then everything we have done will be worth it!

We have several travel agencies looking for flights for us, one called today and said she found a flight April 1st! My first thought was WHAT? April 1st? BUT it means 6 one way tickets for only 4000!!! So we are praying about it. I am sad to say what is preventing us from saying yes at this point is monthly pledges, yes, this is the hardest part for us, and we are awful at it!! But the time has come for me to swallow any and all pride for the sake of the children that are dying deaths that are senseless!!! I am begging you all, please drop us an email pledging 5,10,15,20 or any amount you wish beginning in April. Help us stop the senseless dying of these babies.

My lovely friend Amy sent us some pictures of Mityana here are a couple for you.



We are excited to see our new home in person! Please share our journey with us!
Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment