Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Power of Faith

I pray this post finds you all well.

This week has been a very emotionally filled week.

We faced emotions of being away from our 2 oldest children for the first time ever, if was very rough for me, and did not feel much like Christmas.

As most of you know, Randy funds most this ministry from funds he earns going back and forth to America, I had posted before on how funds were running short, and Randy is not due to leave for America for another 2 months. This week we withdrew the last of the money out of the HCU account, and it brought forth feelings that I was not expecting. People, we have seen absolutely miracles within this ministry! Certificates and licenses gotten in record time, other missionaries and Ugandans just stunned we have gotten this far so quickly. Van almost completely funded, and money for land donated etc.  God is moving! I was in prayer with God and found myself questioning his motives, asking Lord, are you testing our faith? Lord, how are we going to pay the things we need to this week? I found myself deeply in prayer asking God many things, and praising Him for what His has accomplished, because, without God none of this would have happened.

I was trying my best to be faithful and not question, but I am flesh and the flesh is weak. I found myself trying to take control back from God, and not be as completely faithful as I want to be. We were in Kampala yesterday picking up some necessary items for the baby home. I told Randy, I think we should draw money off our credit card as we were down to our last $55. Needless to say, he agreed and we withdrew some money off our credit card.

Matthew 8:26

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
26 He said to them, “Why are you afraid, you men of little faith?” Then He got up and rebuked the winds and the sea, and it became perfectly calm.



That evening, I knew I had to log into the bank account to see where we were standing with money, I was dreading it. My stomach hurt, I was crying, but I logged in, and oh did the Lord make me feel 2 inches tall!!!

There had been a deposit into our account!!!! Ohh Myyy!!!

We return to my life verse,

Matthew 17:20

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
20 And He said to them, “Because of the littleness of your faith; for truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.

The money that was deposited is half of what we need til Randy starts bringing in a paycheck again!!! (not including final payment on the van)  Praise the Lord! I was and still am so humbled by his faithfulness.

Lesson learned, have faith!!!

Blessings to all,
Angie

1 comment: