Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Reminders of Having Faith




Yesterday afternoon, the builder stopped by the house. He asked for 20 bags of cement and a load of sand to use up the supplies at the site. My answer was very quick. I informed him we were out of money for the building and that we could not manage to purchase those items. His answer was, are you sure mom because if we do not use these items they could get stolen or damaged. I told him I could not answer him without consulting the board members. He said, mom, I have been with you for over a year, and I have seen the things you have accomplished on faith, why are you not trusting God now to help with something that should be completed? I had no answer,....I just looked at him and said.....I still have to call America. But.....his words spoke volumes to me.

Where did my faith go? I knew that we should finish the supplies at the site, I knew that this was important, but yet..... Honestly, I know why I was hesitant to trust and have faith. HCU has been saving and saving Randy's paycheck, trying to get him home to his family for a visit. He will arrive July 18th. This means, we need around $5,000 US for him to stay for almost 2 months. He will then return to the states and continue to support HCU til Christmas. I knew that if we handed over the money it would take to use supplies it would cut into the money I have saved. HCU has 3,000 for his visit and still has to find 2,000 more. I spoke with the board and they said, we have to use those supplies, go ahead and authorize that money and we will pray that it is replaced somehow.

The builder promised to take only 2 people to the site and complete this work. When I arrived in the village today, I saw ALL the employees he has there. I said Pafra, we cannot afford this! He said mom, when I arrived at my shop they ALL were waiting and how could I turn away some and keep others, they need the work, and it was beyond me to choose who was most worthy. I told Pafra, we cannot pay them it is not in the budget. I already gave you money that was not designated for building. He said mom, we are going to pray, you will see, it will all work out!

Sometimes, with all the things wrong I see in this country, I see good things as well, and sometimes the childlike faith I see from adults ALL the time, reminds me that in the Western world we do NOT trust and have faith like we should.

As I left the village this afternoon, we gave 2 employees a ride to Mityana, and one said to me...Thank you for giving us work......

I know I have asked alot lately, but this project is more than just a self sustainability project, it is a job creator, it is hope for the villagers, it is a clinic that is so desperately needed, Please consider donating to this wonderful project!

If you do not want to donate to the project., then please help us make up the money needed for Randy to stay for 7 weeks with his family.

Blessings to All!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment