Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

God is moving hearts!!!

We have this wonderful man that delivers bananas to us, his name is Hussan, the other day he asked if I would come to his village and take a 3 yr old child that had no mother and father, and that she had had a cleft lip that had been fixed, (from what I saw it was not done very well) She is a wonderful child, (well they all are aren't they?)

The most awesome thing about this is that the man was very sad about putting her into an orphanage as he himself loved her dearly. I explained to him that until our license comes through that we could not accept her. He then became even more saddened saying that if he had to put her into an orphanage that he wanted it to be ours, as he has seen what good care and how much we love the babies.

God immediately gave me a solution. I asked Hussan if he was able to feed her if he wanted to keep her, and he said Yes, Madame of course I would want her, she is a wonderful child, but I cannot afford to keep trying to take care of her. I said, Hussan, let us help, we will take care of medical bills and help you with food. He said Oh I cannot believe my good fortune, you would do that for me? She is like my daughter!

If anyone is interested in sponsoring her, please email us! It would only be $20.00 a month. That would supply all her food, including milk! If a medical need arose, we would cover the cost and then email you with the specifics, normally it is less than $10 for good care. I will post pics soon!

God is moving hearts! THis is a HUGE step as most just do not want another added burden, and here is this elderly man loving the child!

Praise the Lord!!!!

We also had 3 teenagers stop by last evening. They expressed interest in HCU, wanted to know more about it, and asked how they could be involved!!!! They also expressed that in their village there are some street children that are double orphans. I am encouraged and blessed at the way God is moving the people OF Uganda to step up and take action themselves!

Blessings to all!

2 comments:

  1. That is wonderful! Our oldest daughter's story is kind of like that. She was taken in and cared for until her caretaker died. That is when she went into the orphanage. We get to meet her in China in 2 weeks and then bring her home.

    I have to tell you--I have felt compelled to pray for your ministry. My husband and I have been involved in orphan ministry since 2002. I'm not sure what God is up to--but my heart has been stirred up by reading about your ministry and your blog.

    We will be continuing to pray for yall as we travel to China. And we will be praying to see where God might be calling us to help somehow in your ministry.

    www.godisuptosomething.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to hear about the little 3 yr old and the caring man called Hussan. You are a blessing to these children and the ones who love them. Keep up the good work and we are praying for you. Love, Aunt Donna

    ReplyDelete